147 Windsor Road, KELVIN GROVE
Under Contract – Stunning Triple Gabled Queenslander
Located on the border of Kelvin Grove and Red Hill this gorgeous “triple gabled” Queenslander is a real beauty. The top level is the original home and includes many original features such as wide-board timber floors, classic fretwork, and vertical joinery. The downstairs was built-in to include a fabulous modern kitchen and large dining and living spaces.
With two living spaces, a dining area and a study this home would be perfect for a growing family, needing the opportunity for space and separation. There is also an opportunity to re-format the layout to create a fourth bedroom if required.
– A spacious 450sqm block with full side access to the back carport and a flat grassed backyard (a great space for a pool).
– The house is a triple gabled Queenslander with a huge wrap-around undercover front balcony – great for entertaining.
– Upstairs offers 3 large bedrooms plus a large office that could easily be converted to a fourth bedroom if required.
– The master suite includes a full wall of built-in wardrobes, and a recently updated ensuite, it also has air-conditioning and a beautiful bay window (which would be fabulous with a built-in seat).
– At the centre of the top level is the family room, a fantastic 25sqm space separating the bedrooms and creating a secondary living area.
– Completing the top level is a big family bathroom with a double vanity and shower over bath.
– On the ground floor is a spacious open plan living area including your lounge room, a large dining space and a stunning kitchen.
– The kitchen was only renovated a few years ago and includes top of the range Ilve stainless steel appliances, a butler’s pantry (which includes the laundry), fantastic 2 pac cabinetry and Caesar-stone benchtops.
– This area opens out to your paved courtyard through delightful French doors.
– Completing the ground floor is a third bathroom and a storage room.
– The courtyard offers a great second outdoor area and leads you out to the backyard.
– To the side of the house is an undercover carport and an extra storage room including shelving (a perfect man-shed).
– The house also has a full security system and an automated watering system for the yard and gardens.
Windsor Rd is on the Kelvin Grove / Red Hill border and therefore you have easy access to both suburbs and the Kelvin Grove Urban Village, Newmarket shopping centre, Ashgrove shops and Paddington precincts are all a short drive (some even a short walk) away – and you are only a few minutes to the CBD with the bus stop located close by. Walk to two local coffee shops, including the new Taste cafÃ© on Windsor Rd as well as an ALDI supermarket. Walk around the corner to Bancroft Park which is well known amongst local residents as we all like to go there with our dogs to make use of the large dog park, and children can play safely at the playground, there is also a BBQ area for family get togethers.
In the growth suburb of Kelvin Grove, situated near the Royal Brisbane & Women’s Hospital (RBWH), Queensland University of Technology (QUT) and the Kelvin Grove Village, this house is in the perfect location. The Kelvin Grove Village offers great shopping including many Restaurants and Cafes, a local Supermarket, Butcher, Dentist, Doctors and a Beauty Parlour. All this within a walk of your new home. The Village is quickly becoming something special with the Saturday Farmers Markets and many Creative Events on the calendar every year.
You are also an easy distance to the Newmarket Shops, Red Hill Doctor’s Surgery, Post Office and also the fabulous Paddington Shopping precinct… so many dining and shopping options to choose from. On Sundays you can take the Parkland bikeway straight to the Northey St Organic Farmers markets.
If you are in need of great Schooling options you’ll be in the catchment for both the Kelvin Grove primary and secondary colleges (which are highly sought after which the secondary college being a state school of excellence), you are also only a short distance to many great private schools.