12 Gymea Street, THE GAP
UNDER CONTRACT BY KATHLEEN LUCK & STEPHEN DOYLE
Rarely does the opportunity arise to purchase at this level, and especially on beautiful Gymea Street. Built in 1965 and just down from some of the best schools and parks on offer, this mostly raw home is ready for you to come with your imagination. Sitting on 589sqm and east facing, the street is well known for being family friendly; enter the market here!
The front entrance, across a paved patio area, steps directly from a small deck into a combined living and dining room, with large picture windows at the front to make the most of the natural light and lush landscaping. The modern kitchen, fitted with a Blanco four-burner electric rangehood and oven, and Electrolux Dishlex dishwasher, is an eye-catching combination of dark red and black, with white gloss cabinetry providing ample space for a gaggle of gadgets.
A split-system Daikin AC unit takes the sizzle out of the summer heat at the front of the house, and keeps the kitchen cool too. Attractive Iron Bark timber floors run throughout the home with the exception of a separate toilet and combination bath, shower and sink which are tiled. The centrally-located bathroom services the entire upper level that also includes three bedrooms.
The Master Bedroom, complete with a large, sliding wardrobe, lies at the rear of the residence with the other two bedrooms adjacent, one with a Kelvinator split-system AC unit. A unique and fun feature of every bedroom is direct access onto a broad and prominent deck that faces north and west, with the large, covered back portion of the deck providing the ideal spot for a backyard BBQ with family, friends and your new neighbours.
The lower level of the home can be easily accessed via stairs from the kitchen where you’ll find a laundry room, storage shed, undercover parking, a children’s playhouse and a gently sloping backyard that’s easy to maintain. There’s also utility space under the home that contains a combination toilet, sink, and small tub and shower, and the potential to perfect the additional work that’s already been done there.
What you’ll find at 12 Gymea are the bones fully in place to build upon a classic house and add the aesthetics to turn it into a modern masterpiece.
• The Gap Village Shopping Centre, the suburb’s shopping hub, is a short walk away with a Coles, Aldi, cafes, medical and dental services, and more
• The Gap State High School and Payne Road Primary School are also within walking distance; The Gap State Primary School and St Peter Chanel Primary are in the area too
• Ample public transport is easily available from Payne Road for a short 12km trip into Brisbane City
• The Enoggera Reservoir with hiking and mountain bike trails, kayaking, open water swimming and other outdoor activities is less than 3km away
• And best of all, this home is in The Gap – one of Brisbane’s most desirable places to live in the Western Suburbs.