11 Georgia Place, THE GAP
A Gorgeous Getaway on Georgia Place
We don’t often consider our homes a “getaway,” at least not in the true holiday sense, but they are when you think about it. It’s the place you retreat to from the rat race and daily grind, kicking back, relaxing and basking in the cosy interior comforts you have chosen and that have made your home a secluded sanctuary.
And now, you can revel in a two-level, fully-ducted and zoned AC residence that truly presents as a “getaway” in The Gap at 11 Georgia Place, an executive residence that’s on the market for the first time since being built by the current owners in 2008.
The “getaway” vibe is apparent as you enter Georgia Place, a private no-thru road that is lined with lush native flora and sits opposite Christian and Margaret Nielsen Park with its perfectly manicured playground for the kids and picnic area. However, once inside the front feature door that’s where the magic happens.
The downstairs has a myriad of rooms that have options ranging from home offices to living spaces, with a separate toilet and sink, and spacious laundry that accesses a very special, resort-style region of the home. But more about that later.
Further along, the kitchen calls for the budding chef to plate their favourite fare, with a plumbed LG double-door refrigerator, dishwasher, 6-burner gas stove and electric oven and glass fully ducted range hood. There’s plenty of space with the walk in pantry, and when it’s time to serve-up the nightly nosh you have the choice of keeping it indoors in the combined dining area, or taking it outdoors to the expansive, undercover deck that feels like an additional internal living area with its full screened and lockable aluminium bifold shutters.
Upstairs, the relaxing nature of this regal residence continues with all bedrooms running north-to-south, starting with the Master Bedroom being the showpiece. From its north-facing balcony to the spacious walk-in wardrobe and enormous ensuite with private toilet, double vanity sinks, shower and full-size bathtub, sleep-ins or breakfast in bed have just become serious considerations.
Along the upper hallway there’s abundant storage space – with the added convenience of a laundry chute to launch your linen downstairs – with three other bedrooms, each with ceiling fans and 2 with walk-in wardrobes, branching off from this. Amenities for these bedrooms is serviced with a 3 way bathroom containing a separate vanity and sink, private toilet, and a bathroom with a full size bathtub, sink and walk-in shower. There’s also space at this southern end of the house to utilise as a study area, additional TV room or play area.
Now, back to that resort-style getaway. A major focal feature of 11 Georgia Place is a large glimmering fully gas heated pool with access from the well-appointed kitchen, dining and living room, that has in addition its own fully screened entertainment area. Flowing into the pool is a separate relaxing 8-person spa, with feature lights along the walls, which enhances the resort appeal. It’s simply a home that feels like a holiday.
Plus, you’ll also admire and appreciate these numerous features that make 11 Georgia Place such a fabulous place to call home.
• Two-plus undercover car park with internal access that’s secured with lock and key, with the entire premises of the home, from every room, under the watchful eye of a Paradox security system.
• Solar powered with battery storage
• Rainwater tank and garden shed
• Established fully landscaped tropical garden with modular wall system fencing and paved walkway around the perimeter of the home
• Totally private entertainment area, not overlooked by any neighbours, with views to the natural bushland.
• Spill-proof hybrid flooring downstairs, fully carpeted upstairs with all bathrooms tiled
• Walking distance to the Enoggera Reservoir with hiking, mountain biking, open-water swimming, trail running or simply having a picnic
• The best primary schools, early child care centres and the highly-regarded The Gap State High School are all within the suburb
• The Gap Village Shopping Centre with a Coles, Aldi, medical and dental professionals, specialty shops and cafes are a short drive away
• Brisbane’s CBD is approximately 11kms away with ample public transport in the area and a T2 lane down Waterworks Road between 7-9 am and 4-7 pm for speedier access