8 Elvendon Street, THE GAP
A home with a split personality!
Eight Elvendon Street, The Gap, has personality plus, which becomes self-evident as soon as you enter the lower level. The owners have devoted five years, to transform a once tired and useless space beneath the home into remodelling perfection, equipping it with a stylish kitchen complete with gas stove and oven, rangehood, dishwasher and shared dining and living area.
However, the work didn’t stop there. There’s also a split-system AC unit to cool the entire level, a modern bathroom with floor-to-ceiling gleaming white tiles housing a vanity with backlit mirror, toilet and open shower, opening through a unique sliding wooden door, all looking out through a large picture window that makes the most of the light and airy location. There’s even a laundry and two utility rooms, with one being used as a home office, the other with gym gear. It’s the epitome of a fabulous, fully-equipped living area.
A short flight of upward stairs leads to another special feature, before reaching the original upper level, which is a timber-floored sunroom with ceiling fan that takes in views of the entire backyard which is fully turfed, fenced, has a thriving herb garden, and is ringed with tall bamboo on the left and rear of the property for the ultimate in natural growing privacy.
Once upstairs, you’ll enter into the second kitchen with views to the backyard and with an electric oven and range, dishwasher and access to plumbing for another washing machine. The living area is light, bright and expansive with a wall-mounted split-system AC unit, sliding doors to a generously sized south-facing front deck, and the start of timber floors that run throughout the upper level with the exception of the main bathroom which is tiled and equipped with a shower, tub, toilet and sink.
Three bedrooms, two with wardrobes but all with ceiling fans, are within close proximity with more storage space along the hallway. The master bedroom is what you’d expect to find in a home of this calibre with its own ensuite, plus a Panasonic split-system AC unit to tame the rising summer temperatures at night.
In essence, Eight Elvendon Street marries the newer with the original to present a property with personality and the opportunity to enjoy such a diverse lifestyle over two levels. And, moreover, it’s also a chance to live in one of Brisbane’s most popular sought-after Western Suburbs, The Gap, and you know what that means:
• Bus stops within walking distance from your front door for easy, inexpensive commutes into the city for work or play
• The Gap Village Shopping Centre with a Coles, Aldi, cafes, specialty shops, medical and dental services are within easy reach
• The best pre-schools, primary schools and The Gap State High School are all located in the suburb
• Recreational facilities at the Enoggera Reservoir abound and are less than 2km away. Like kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, open water swimming, or just simply having a picnic and enjoying the outdoors
• The Great Western Shopping Centre with major retail outlets, a Woolworths, and a new Bunnings in the area is a short drive up and over Settlement Road
Contact Kathleen Luck at Harcourts Solutions today on 0417 756 280 or Stephen Doyle on 0405 602 619 for more information or a personal inspection. They’ll split the difference!