5 Tandoor Drive, PETRIE
MID CENTURY MAGIC
Have you been dreaming of a home with all the romance, charm and charisma of the post war era, yet elegantly renovated for your comfort and convenience? Where school, shops, train, and university are all at your fingertips and the airport and city are within easy reach? If so, then look no further – you will be sold the second you step over the welcoming front porch. This little time slice of the 50’s is a true gem and brings the best of that era into a glowing new future!
While rich timber flooring headlines the home, the chef in the family will delight in the generous renovated kitchen. Plating up delicious meals is a pleasure using freshly gathered produce from the garden (cut grocery bills in half), and you will love to come home to unwind after a long day at work with a glass of wine on the private porch or maybe a soak in the enticing clawfoot bath. A huge corner block with side access for the boat, trailer or caravan and gorgeous landscaped gardens laden with fruit trees, vege patch and garden shed is absolutely private and secure for your children and pets. Along with solar panels, rain water tanks and grey water irrigation, you are saving money and taking care of the planet all at once
The vendors have provided clear and specific instructions that this enchanting residence will be sold. On that basis we are seeking serious expressions of interest immediately. This wonderful home is ready for you and your future.
Property features include:
• Renovated kitchen with walk in pantry and gas cooking/rangehood/softclose drawers
• Renovated bathroom with stunning clawfoot bath
• Separate toilet (2 toilets all up)
• Polished floorboards
• Air conditioned lounge
• Separate dining
• 3 generous sized bedrooms with ceiling fans
• 9ft ceilings throughout
• Large separate laundry
• Study nook
• Recently re-levelled and restumped
• 2 car lockup front and rear
• Gated side access -perfect for caravan, boat, trailer
• Colour bond garden shed
• 2 x water tanks – 4,000 litres in total
• Fully fenced and secure
• 2.6 kw solar panels
• Grey water irrigation
• Outdoor undercover entertaining area
• Variety of mature fruit trees such as: nectarines, pomegranates, mangoes, jack fruit, lemons, bananas, coconuts, apples, Lychees, star apples, avocado, macadamia, blood orange
• Veggie patch
• 761m2 parcel of land – corner block and perfect north easterly aspect
• Walk across the road to Petrie State School
• Short walk to shops, bus or train station, Mt Maria College and the new USC Moreton Bay University Campus.
SUBURB PROFILE :
Surrounded by the North Pine Dam, Lake Kurwongbah and the North Pine River, there many recreational options in family friendly Petrie.
There are a broad range of housing options from quaint cottages to large modern homes and the median house price has increased from low to mid $400,000’s. Development is well managed and has not stripped away the beauty of this suburb. Petrie village offers convenience shopping, post office, newsagent, fast food etc and Woolworths, whilst the charming Old Petrie Town is famed for it’s weekend markets. Fabulous schooling options exist both in and surrounding Petrie. Mt Maria is close by and easy transport connections to Grace Lutheran, Genesis, North Pine Christian and St Paul’s. Petrie is well connected to major shopping precincts like North Lakes and Strathpine. Petrie station is a 24hr manned train station and provides express trips to the city in 35 mins. The Gateway Motorway and the airport are just a short distance. The new University opening it’s doors in 2020 is set to put Petrie on the map!