7 Barkala Street, THE GAP
Family home on Ashgrove border
** Please contact agent to arrange an inspection **
Elevated in position on a quiet leafy street on the Ashgrove side of The Gap, this home is simply lovely from the gorgeous street presence, to the terraced back garden.
Downstairs is a fully tiled family rumpus room including an area under the stairs perfect to use as a wine cellar. This is a sensational additional room for the kids. Upstairs features hardwood floors throughout while the main lounge room is also lit by well-proportioned windows and boasts fans and reverse cycle air conditioning. Opening onto a lovely, wraparound deck, you’ll find plenty of ways to stay cool in the summer.
The fully-equipped kitchen has plenty of cupboard and storage space, including a walk-in pantry renovated last year. It’s an excellent place to prepare family meals to serve in the generous separate eating area.
The main bedroom is light filled and great in size, featuring split louvre shutters so you can bring in air and light without sacrificing privacy. The second and third bedrooms both have plush grey carpeting, cooling systems, fans and built in wardrobes. The family areas continue with a recently renovated shower and toilet room, a linen closet and a fourth bedroom with hardwood floors and views to the back garden.
Completing the indoor tour, there’s a laundry area with an ironing centre and a second toilet and powder room. While the laundry facilities themselves are situated in a fully covered and paved outdoor space, they could easily be brought back inside if you wished.
Stepping out past the laundry and you find the real gem in this home – the back yard garden. Follow the winding path among the terraced garden beds where you’ll be impressed by generous lawn spaces, unique nooks for relaxing and taking in the view and even a charming pergola area, the perfect place to have your coffee of a morning. This garden is the ultimate space for entertaining and parties, great for family lunches and for simply kicking the ball around with the kids, all with lovely views of the neighbourhood.
• Elevated home with beautiful street aspect and views of the surrounding neighbourhood
• Close to bush walking tracks, playgrounds, dog parks and shopping precincts
• Walking distance to all main bus lines
• One car carport, with tandem garage adjoining
• Rumpus area downstairs perfect as a break-out space for the kids
• Front deck and outdoor entertaining spaces
• 20 solar panels and built-in safe
• Crimsafe security screens on five windows including front and rear doors, and the remainder have security screens or bars
• Reverse cycle or cooling systems throughout the home
• Bedrooms have built in wardrobes and fans
• Renovated kitchen pantry
• Wrap around garden area, with terraced garden, flat lawn spaces and mature plantings throughout